Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

My Bosch built-in oven, ref. HBA13B1.0B has been noisy since

Customer Question

My Bosch built-in oven, ref. HBA13B1.0B has been noisy since installation, as if the fan is causing a vibration within the unit. Is this normal ? It was fitted about a year ago and has always been the same.
Claire
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Jon :

Jon :

My name is ***** ***** I can help you today

JACUSTOMER-47a6nri9- : I am looking for a tip on how to solve this problem, please advise if you can.
Jon :

sorry.

Jon :

my internet connection went out on me.

Jon :

Claire.

Jon :

Have you recently moved the oven racks or used the convection fan?

Jon :

Sometimes when shifting around the racks it can cause the vibration alone.

Jon :

if not, then I would open the oven door and pull the racks forward about an inch then try it again.

Jon :

sometimes when the oven racks are pushed back too far against the oven cavity they can rattle or vibrate when the oven is on giving you the noise you are referring too.

Jon :

If that doesn't help then the convection fan itself could be the problem. Sometimes when the convection fan motor is going bad the shaft and main bearing of the fan will become noisy when it is in use. But this should only be noisy when the convection fan is in use.

Jon :

Check those things and get back to me here and let me know and I will help you more.

Jon :