Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello. I have a CW496/1 CDA dishwasher. When I start the

Hello. I have a CW496/1 CDA dishwasher. When I start the cycle it appears to start filling up and then drains away and after a few minutes the end of cycle beep sounds. No water is entering the machine though and the detergent drawer hasn't opened. Hope you can help.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Try this its a test cycle.

Turn the dishwasher on and select the rinse cycle first on the left.

Turn the dishwasher off.

Press and hold the start button and turn it back on.

Hold the start button in till the start light is flashing then let go.

Now press the start button once and close the door.

Now it will run a 12 minute test cycle. If it picks up a fault it will stop, drain the water out and beep.

Open the door and the start light will be flashing. Count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Then press and hold the start button to reset it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've tried that. The test cycle only lasted 2 minutes though. The start button was flashing throughout. It went through the rinse & drain, but the inside is completely dry (as if no water entered the machine).

It flashes 5 times in between pauses.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. Thought you would get that error code.

This is a wash motor fault. Ive seen it many times on these but just want to confirm with the error code you got.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its left side and remove the base.

From there you will see the wash motor at the back. Take this off and just see if theres anything stuck in there.

If that's all clear then the motor itself will be faulty and will need to be replaced. To be honest its more then likely clear but worth checking just in case. Ive seen this fault many times and its nearly always the wash motor at fault.

Now the odd time it has turned out to be the control board but that's very rare as like I said its nearly always the wash motor at fault which causes this fault.

Sorry it not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.