Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemems IQ100 washing machine (can't see model number

Customer Question

I have a Siemems IQ100 washing machine (can't see model number as machine won't empty). It stops mid cycle as it sounds like it cannot spin/empty. When it stops, the wash and spin light flash and the machine beeps 4 fast beeps, 3 times.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you set it to a drain cycle if you listen very carefully at the bottom do you hear a humming noise?

Have you checked the filter yet?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes there is a humming and a clicking noise. I can't open the filter. It seems stuck so I'll get my husband to try opening it when he's home.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok i think you will find this is the problem. There will be somthing stuck in there casuing this problem.

What you need to do is get a shallow tray under there and slacken the filter using a pair of pilers and slowerly drain it out that way.

Once the water is out you can then fully remove the filter and give it a good clean out and then check the impeller at the back of the chamber were the filter goes and make sure theres nothing stuck in there as well.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and fingers crossed this should be back to normal now.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Daniel T. We managed to open the filter and it was chockablock with hair clips and dirt. Seems to be working great now. Thanks a million.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Nice one glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know how it went.