George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi I have a Creda Simplicity T552VW tumble dryer and it won't

Hi I have a Creda Simplicity T552VW tumble dryer and it won't run. I have changed the fuse in both the switch on the wall and on the plug but no joy. I was looking at the door catch and it appears to be loose, the actual plastic coating covering the hole where the catch goes in is broken. Would be grateful for some advice.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you check the model number again please, look at the label inside the door... The model you have given is not recognised

Customer: The model no. Is T522VW the serial number is *****
Customer: Was working last nite so I'm heading to my bed now. Please leave an email message. Many thanks.
George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. I'll come back to you in a moment

George-Allsorts :

You need Door Switch Unit C00095630 for Hotpoint Creda Tumble Dryers

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

This is available from various places and it seems most cheaply on ebay

George-Allsorts :

If this lock is faulty then it will not allow the appliance to work...

George-Allsorts :

I can assist you with fitting when you have purchased a new one if you like

Customer: Thanks for that. I'm over in NI. Would be grateful if you could advise as to how to fit the door switch.
George-Allsorts :

What I can do is give you a link to assist you with that.. If you enter your postcode and choose your appliance, the website will find the most local engineer to you...

Find An Engineer

George-Allsorts :

No problem... come back to me when you have got the lock