Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Miele G646 SC Plus dishwasher. The tray under the

I have a Miele G646 SC Plus dishwasher. The tray under the machine is filling with water after two washes and activating the float cut out. There is no sign of water leaking from either the circulation or drain pumps. I think the leak is coming from the cold water inlet pipe where it connects up inside the machine. This is secured by a wire clip but cannot be reached from the bottom of the machine. Can you tell me what I need to do to get at it and repair it please? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
IS the water seeming to leak into the machine even when it is off?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I don't think that it is although I'm not 100% sure. We use the machine every day and the only times that I've removed the bottonm plate is when it stops - typically after two washes i.e. two days. I suppose I could leave it for a day without running it and then check for water?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi that would be helpful, i will be here when you are sure of that.
The reason I need to know is that will tell me if its tolenoind for sure or not.
Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - I'll do that - hopefully I can be back to you later today. Thanks for your help so far.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
HI I will be here;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I left it all night and I tipped it forward this morning and there is no sign of any water. I have run it through a cycle this morning and the base pan filled with water and machine stopped before the cycle finished. Very puzzling!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for that information,
This will be the main control that needs to be replaced. I have seen many do this.
This is an easy to replace part no soldering also and I will assist you.
The best place to get the new control is Espares:
0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI, Espares have asked if it is the Non return valve, Solenoid valve or the Circulation valve. Regards Nick

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, its the solenoid you need;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, a solenoid valve costs about £120 - are you reasonably sure this will be the problem? If that cures the problem I'll be very pleased as the rest of the machine looks good although it is 12 years old. Obviously, though, I don't want to fit a new solenoid and still have a problem. Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, just to be sure, is the tray the one completely under the unit?
Also do you get any error messages?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, yes - it is the metal tray under the unit held in place by 4 screws. It fills with water and activates the float and the red inlet/drain warning light flashes.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for that, you need to check all the hoses and connections. There shouldn't be water in that tray, there is a leak.
Please keep me informed.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
w