Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a sharp lc-40le831e 3D TV. Last night we switched on

We have a sharp lc-40le831e 3D TV. Last night we switched on to watch through our Sky box but no picture. In fact all HDMI inputs are not displaying picture or sound, but the TV is recognising each device (eg HDMI 1 Sky HD, HDMI 2 BD System, HDMI 3 Xbox One). Terrestrial side is working fine, with all digital channels working as they should.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hello I am sorry to hear that

Michael :

do you get a menu? and TV signal if you use a different input, DVD etc?

Michael :

are you there?

Michael :

if not I will swich us to Q and A

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
are you there?
if not I will swich us to Q and A
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, sorry I was checking my emails and missed your responses. We only have HDMI devices, and all are not displaying a picture or sound. I can get into the TV setup menus for each input but no difference, still a black screen.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you Phil,
The issue is a bad HDMI port. It is a common problem as I see it from where I am lol.
Its a circuit bared that needs to be replaced. It doe s require soldering to do this. If you have electronics experience this can be done in a few minutes but if not its best to have a TV repair Tech do this for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, I'm not bad at a bit of soldering. But at least I know which way to go now. Thanks again

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome! Please rate kindly, also try www.shopjimmy.com for the part;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the link, so just an HDMI port? Theres a main board on the Bay but it is for the 46" version (mine being 40"), worth a punt?