Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi. I have a BOSCH washing machine WFR3268GB (also branded

Hi. I have a BOSCH washing machine WFR3268GB (also branded a Logixx 1600).
Wash programs have recently more than doubled in time length.
So a 40 deg. easy care wash takes well over 2 hours when previously it was about half that. "Pre-wash" is always set to OFF.
Is it possible to reset the program settings to factory / default?
Any ideas or suggestions please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

The first thing that I would do is check that the appliance is actually heating the water, if not then most likely you will have a faulty heater that will need changing. If you need help with this come back to me ~ Ian

Customer:

Many thanks Ian. I have determined that the heater element has failed (10 years old, not bad) and I have replaced it with a new one.

Customer:

I am determined to get just a bit more value out of my £20 consultation, if that's OK :-)

On the same washing machine, the LCD display shows text which is partially corrupted. The upper line of text is unreadable. The lower line of text is mostly intact and readable. The back light is working OK. No fault codes are reported. I can do washes without the digital readout but obviously it's annoying. It appears that the PCB sends correct data to a fragmented digital display. Is this a replacement job (expensive as the LCD unit is soldered on to the board) or do you think the LCD display module can be mended?

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry I did not reply yesterday I am away on business at the moment but will be back tonight ~ if you can do me a favour and give me the appliance ENr on the rating plate I will see what is available. In the meantime just try this, with the power off unplug each of the timer connections an reconnect just in case you have a loose wire and come back to me with ENr and results ~ Ian

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

E-Nr: WFR3268GB/05

FD: 8403

I have checked the PCB assembly on the back of the fascia.
(BTW, the LCD module is buried inside and access to it is difficult.)
Couldn't see any loose wiring connections. Refitted the fascia panel.
Switched washing machine back on.
The display corruption still there.
It looks like a horizontal line of pixels in the upper line of text is failing to display.
What this means in practice is that certain menu functions (pre-wash, signal, child lock, clock and winter/summer time settings) are nearly impossible to read and therefore set on the display.

OK I think it is fair to say that the pcb assembly is faulty and you have to decide if you want to replace it. Its part number is ***** and its listed as a display module. If you need help sourcing it give me a ping on here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

The display module is sold online for a whopping £110+ !!
So I think I'll operate the machine using just the standard dial program settings. At these prices I reckon I can get by with a broken LCD display.

Many thanks for all of your help.

Peter

OK I will see if I can find you a source of refurbished timers, I have two companies that carry out repairs to these but not sure if they do this specific one ~ Will keep you in the loop, if you could just rate my service, I can shift this off the system but allow us to have a question and answer status without further cost to you . Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.