Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a 5 year old Samsung RSG5DUMH1/XGU American style fridge

I have a 5 year old Samsung RSG5DUMH1/XGU American style fridge freezer. After tuning off the power for 15 minutes at the fusebox, and then turning it back on, the electronic display on the fridge just displays 88 88 with the last "8" having the bottom right part of it flashing. This has been the case for 5 days. The fridge and freezer are still working but I have no display controls. Can this be easily resolved or do I need to call in an Engineer?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Firstly the segment in the display indicates that there is a refrigerator defrost sensor fault and this will need checking out. To reset the unit press the top left and the top right buttons in the display and wait for the display to flash and then go blank. Then let go of the buttons and see if the display relights.

Customer:

Hello Ian,

Dales-Electronic :

Hello Im here

Customer:

I have done as you have requested and that appears to have worked well. The temperature settings have re-appeared

Customer:

I will make a note of this for future reference should the power need to be turned off again

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian, just one more question after reading your response again. Do I still need an engineer to check out the sensor?

Not at the moment,. just keep checking every couple of days and come back to me if the segment error reappears. I can then either direct you to a local engineer or talk you through doing the repair yourself. If you are happy with my help sofar kindly rate my service, you can come back to me later with any further questions at no extra cost. Take care and have a good day, Regards ~ Ian