Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We are buying a house with a Purity tap and caple purity 1

We are buying a house with a Purity tap and caple purity 1 water filter. (1)Please advise the life span of a filter with normal use in a hard water area (Eastbourne).(2) How long can the filter remain unused (e.g. holiday period) and still be safe to use?(3) Is there any visible way of knowing how much remaining life there is in a filter.
Bill Tucker
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Bill in answer to Your questions ~

Dales-Electronic :

a. Life span of a filter is six months. b. If left for more than a couple of days, I would just run and amount of water through it, ie leave it running for a couple of minutes to displace any stale water. c. No, in the UK the general rule is that irrespective of water usage the filter should be change bi-yearly. Hope that helps, if so kindly rate my service to allow the system to shut down the information request, this in no way stops you asking further questions if you require more information ~ Kind Regards Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Typo 'an amount [email protected]