Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Proline slimline dishwasher which does not fill with

Customer Question

I have a Proline slimline dishwasher which does not fill with water although the pump pumps water out when i tested it with a few pints of water, the weird thing is when I laid it on its side to inspect the pump, filters etc. it worked once I plumbed it back in but only the once, ive tried this twice with the same result. It starts with the usual noises but does not fill then after a minute or so it beeps and one of the leds flashes to indicate a fault, (the led that looks like a dishwasher tablet logo) Cheers, Andy
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

It sounds like you have a flood protection device failure, that is water has gone into the base and caused the safety device to active, this usually then causes the drain pump to run constantly. If this is the case come back to me and I will take you to the next step ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4ojj7vae- :

Hi Ian I removed the polystyrene float to check this out and there was no water in the base, I again stood the dishwasher upright and lo and behold it worked fine, but just the one time, it makes a humming noise for a while then just blinks to show an error, Andy

Dales-Electronic :

OK assuming the fpd is not operating you now need to check that you have turned the water back on and if so check that it is actually coming out of the water supply pipe, then check that the inlet valve is letting water in to the appliance. It could be no water to appliance or faulty inlet valve ~ come back with your results and we will take it further if required