Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Samsung American style fridge freezer ( not sure of model

Customer Question

My Samsung American style fridge freezer ( not sure of model as I can find it ) front panel is no loner lite and the motor is not working?. The only thing that is working the inside light in fridge .
What is wrong ?.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

If you can look in the fridge or freezer compartment there is a label stuck to the left hand side model number usually starts with an R or and S such as RS21***********/**** once you have it come back to me ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-0b7bnuj2- : Model SR-S2028CSS. Was on right side of fridge inside ;)
Dales-Electronic :

OK excellent, with the power on press quick freeze and fridge temperature together and hold in for up to ten seconds, let me know what you get?

JACUSTOMER-0b7bnuj2- : Nothing
Dales-Electronic :

OK try this ~ it causes a factory reset ~ press quick freeze and vacation button together and tell me what you have got?

JACUSTOMER-0b7bnuj2- : Nothing still
Dales-Electronic :

OK you have two pcbs with this appliance, one is the display board the other the power control board at the back You have likely got a problem with either the control board or the display board, both are fairly expensive as you have no motor action and or display just finally do this for me ~ switch off the appliance for a couple of minutes and switch it back on listed for a loud clunk and then report back

JACUSTOMER-0b7bnuj2- : No clunk . What is a pcds ?.
Dales-Electronic :

Printed circuit boards ~ OK from what you have told me it would seem that the main power printed circuit board which can be found in the motor area at the back has failed and will need replacing ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

If this advice has been useful, kindly rate my service to allow the system to close the job down, You can continue to chat to me for further information once the job is closed at no extra charge ~ Ian