George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have just installed A Bosch HBR33B550B single oven but the

I have just installed A Bosch HBR33B550B single oven but the door will not open! The manuals etc are inside, but I can't get to them!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the two numbers after the model number please

Customer:

what 2 numbers? The only number I have is HBR33B550B

George-Allsorts :

there should be a / and two numbers after it following the number you gave

George-Allsorts :

Has the appliance been connected to the power?

Customer:

/61

Customer:

yes there is power

George-Allsorts :

that's it... thanks

George-Allsorts :

one moment please

George-Allsorts :

can you see a key symbol?

George-Allsorts :

It is upper right section

Customer:

yes - but I 've turned it off, on off and on again! it s at the bottom where it won't open

Customer:

and back off again

George-Allsorts :

so you have held the key for 4 seconds until it has turned off and the door lock is open, but you still can't open the door... Is that correct?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

so, you say that it wont open at the bottom of the oven.. is that correct?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

is the door catching on the unit below?

Customer:

theres a plastic thing underneath on both sides - not catching on unit you can feel that it is not releasing from bottom

George-Allsorts :

One moment.. I'm going to look at the manual...

BTW.. Would you like an electronic version of the manual.. I can post a link for you to download it from my dropbox if you like?

Customer:

I've got one from Bosch website and theres nothing in there. there was a notice on the door about not removing the door but there are images showing removing screws with a 1 image and a 2 image but no instructions

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

When you tried to unlock the door.. were the controls turned to off?

Customer:

off, on every way has been tried

Customer:

I've only dared to turn the light on anyway as all the guides etc, plastic covers on shelves inside!

Customer:

it definately feels like there is something preventing the bottom from opening

George-Allsorts :

See the first image you posted... There is a metal retainer either side of the door with two screws in each... The two screws removed the retainer pulled away the door should then open when unlocked

Customer:

so I undo the black pozi by the plastic?

Customer:

do I do both sides or just the side that is supposed to open?

George-Allsorts :

Only undo the two brackets... not the ones that are crossed out in the image

George-Allsorts :

both sides

George-Allsorts :

undo the ones in the image number 1...

Customer:

the bracket though has star shaped scresms (not pozi)

George-Allsorts :

not the ones coloured red in the other image

George-Allsorts :

yes, they are torx screws

Customer:

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

size 20 I think

George-Allsorts :

yes that looks like the ones... there should be one on each side

Customer:

where can I get a screwdriver for them?

George-Allsorts :

you can use an electronic flathead test screwdriver or buy a torx from thew likes of b&q

Customer:

thank you

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome... Please remember to rate my help to you before exiting this page using the smiley faces

George-Allsorts :

Please also feel free to return if you need further help

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair