George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

hi, i have a Candy CVB60UK wine cooler that has power but does

hi, i have a Candy CVB60UK wine cooler that has power but does not cool below 18deg.
Please can you advise.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Is the fan working on the back panel inside

Customer:

Yes the fan and the LCD display is working

George-Allsorts :

can you take the grill off that is below the door held by 4 screws and tell me if the long fan underneath is rotating

Customer:

Hi George, I am not at home tonight, but will look tomorrow, when taking off the grill which also holds the door hinge, is the fan on the left hand side by the vents?

Customer:

Just to let you know my daughter has told me that the rear panel inside did ice up and then the fridge unit went faulty, but no error messages have appeared,

George-Allsorts :

The compressor cooling fan is a tangential fan and cools the compressor... This is usually behind that grill... You can turn off the fridge and tip the unit on its back to access the fan for replacing... but you need to check it is working/not working

George-Allsorts :

If the fan is working then the unit is likely to be low on gas.

Customer:

Ok, should it need regassing, can this be carried out and what would be a typical cost..?

George-Allsorts :

That depends on the type of gas in the compressor... If R600a then this can be replaced readily at a cost normally below £50... If R134a then the cost is a little undetermined as that depends on the individual engineer

George-Allsorts :

The type of gas will be marked on the rating plate of the appliance

Customer:

OK, thanks.