Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have 2 Siemens Gigaset C1 telephones, one with a C150 base

Customer Question

I have 2 Siemens Gigaset C1 telephones, one with a C150 base the other with a charger base. Because of a power cut the phones have reset to factory setting and I now can't register them to the bases. I have followed what it says in the instruction book several times but both phones are still flashing Base 1 and I can't make or receive calls.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. how old are your phones?
Thank you *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for replying to my question. I'm not very confident with the internet but I'll do my best.

I think the phones are about 10-12 years old but I've misplaced my documentation so they might be older than that. They were working perfectly until I had a power cut and, although the fridge and the cooker and everything else that was on the same circuit is up and running again, my 2 phones (the base is plugged in in the kitchen where the power cut was) are just flashing "base 1" and I don't know how to get them useable again. The phone rings when someone calls me but I can't hear them, there is no familiar tone, and no communication with the person ringing and I can't make a call.

My daughter Ruth, is trying to help me but she is in a flat on the other side of town and studying for exams so it's a bit difficult for her. I would be grateful if you would send any information that you give to me to her email address too (*****@******.***). She has given me her permission to ask you this. Together we might be able to figure it out.

Essel

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Essel,
Power cuts are really bad for electronics.
What happens sometimes is a power surge and that can easily damage your electronics.
In this case I would replace the phones due to their age and the cost of shipping, parts and repair unfortunately. Also most newer phones have more capability and features and for less money.
I wish I had better news for you I really do. But even I, as a technician would follow that advice;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for trying to help me Michael.
I'll take your advice (I was already thinking along those lines myself but I would never have known if I'd done the right thing or not).

So your advice was much appreciated. I feel relieved to know what to do now.

With thanks, Essel

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are so very welcome, I truly wish I had better news for you on this.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael, please rate kindly;-)