Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

i have a beko fridge freezer . 3 years old. today all the food

Customer Question

i have a beko fridge freezer . 3 years old. today all the food in the freezer has defrosted. when i open the door the fan thing at the top makes a load roaring sound, what is wrong with it
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.
Anthony F. :

You have a defrost issue the fan is filling up with ice because the defrost cycle is not working properly you need to unplug or defrost the unit with a hair dryer then find out whats wrongyour defrost cycle The defrost cycle contains a heater a timer and a thermostat any of these or wiring in thew freezer coil compartment may have failed it will req a meter and the knowledge of use in readings ohms and volts to see what the issue is ....defrosting the unit manually will get it working again but will fail again if not defrosting within 1 week .....good luck

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ with regard to your problem, would you kindly let me have the model number and serial number. I need this to check if this was one of the Beko fridge freezers that is covered by a free defrost system modification. if so perhaps we can save you money ~ Ian