George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have had a Belling FSE60DOi cooker for around 3 years now

I have had a Belling FSE60DOi cooker for around 3 years now and have had to call out for repair at least 4 times for the same fault. The cooker trips the power even when not switched on and the panel under the oven (which is only taped on) falls off and ends up stuck to the floor, along with the insulating material. The 1st 3 times the technician just stuck the back on and retaped it to the oven but last time he discovered that there was a problem with the seal around the oven light - steam was getting through to where the wiring is in the rear of the cooker and that was the cause of the electrical fault. He replaced the bulb and holder so I thought it was finally fixed. I have noticed last night that the panel has fallen off again underneath. Is this a known fault with this cooker?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

This problem is not known to me and I have been doing Belling appliances for 15 yrs or more

Can you tell me which panel you are meaning when you say "The panel under the oven"?

Customer:

the panel parallel with the floor at the very bottom

Customer:

underneath the cooker

George-Allsorts :

Oh dear me... and this work was done under extended warranty?

George-Allsorts :

When was tyhe last work undertaken?

Customer:

probably about 6 months ago

Customer:

hello?

George-Allsorts :

OK, I'm back... I would get back on to the warranty company and ask them to redo the repair to the base... But this time, to repair it correctly. No oven is supposed to have a base-panel stuck up with tape.. They are either screwed or rivited.

George-Allsorts :

When you contact them... try to get the correct name of the company.. They will say Belling, but more often than not it is usually Domestic and General or another such insurance company

Customer:

It is insured with D&G. I'll contact Belling directly. Thanks.

Customer:

I suspect the rear panel is distorted and that's why the lamp isn't sealing

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to take a moment to rate my responses to you so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally.
This will close our chat but you can still come back to me if you need more help

Customer:

will do. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how I get on