Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

how do i remove the timer from a zanussi zde2600w tumble dryer.

Customer Question

how do i remove the timer from a zanussi zde2600w tumble dryer. I have disconnected the electrical connections from the old timer but can't figure out how to remove it from the control knob.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the product code, it comes in about 10 variants it begins with 9 and is on the product label _ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK whilst you are looking for that are you trying to remove the timer knob from the timer OR remove the timer from the facia panel so you can replace it?

JACUSTOMER-g3qbmp2e- :

Do you mean the product code of the new timer? That does not begin with a new. The product code on the delivery note is DST1258353141.

JACUSTOMER-g3qbmp2e- :

I am trying to remove it completely so I can replace it with a new one.

Dales-Electronic :

No if you find the rating plate it will give you the model number but also a product code or pnc number this will give me the information I need, as Zanussi have a habit of putting different components into the same model number. It will be on the back or in the door cavity _ the timer knob just pulls off the end of the timer generally, sometimes the use of a pair of pliers to grip the knob centre as you pull is useful or two flat screwdrivers one at each side and carefully lever off.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

I have moved our chat over to one to one so you can ask questions as you progress ~ it does not cost further monies now. Once you have the timer knob off you can see the retaining screws that hold the timer in place. I usually reconnect the wires then push the timer shaft through the facia hole, fix the screws in and then replace the timer ~ Im here if you need further information but when you are finished and happy kindly rate my service so I can close down the call. You can come back at any time later for further advice at no extra cost ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Ian

I'm not sure if you received the reply I sent about 5 mins ago as it doesn't seem to have appeared on this page. I gave the product number which is ********* type 01. I also explained that I was called away from the job whilst communicating with you, which is why I was so long answering . I am happy to wait until tomorrow for a reply. It is the timer knob that I cannot remove. Thanks

Ian.

No worries I am here for most of the night, can you resend the product code again but place a # ***** the product number as the computer picks numbers up as phone number info which is not allowed ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Product code is #916093088 type 01

Ian

OK you need to take the top off the appliance and then moving to the front with the electric off take off the front facia which will be held on with plastic clips that you can depress and perhaps an odd screw. Once this is removed you can get access to the timer and its associated fitting, its abit of a fiddle but if you take your time and don't force anything you will be fine, if you need me to send you the exploded view let me know ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's great, Ian, thanks. I have managed it now. I thought perhaps the facia had to come off, but was reluctant to force it without confirmation from ' one who knows how'. Thank you very much for your help. I will be giving positive feedback. Ian

Pleased you got it done, its an issue for us here with the Electrolux group they can have numerous models with the same innards or the the same model with numerous innards hence the request for the product number. Take care and thanks for the positive rating. Ian