Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a kenwood chef kmc510. Whe i plug it in it works fine

Customer Question

I have a kenwood chef kmc510. Whe i plug it in it works fine but once i turn it off it will not start again until it has been turned off for a few hours then it works fine again. There is no abnormal noises and no smell of burning.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

The only thing that would cause this is a faulty control module or a overheating motor as other than the gearbox there are no other electric parts that would be able to give this ~ I would suggest likely the motor but you would need to check the control module for damage first ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3zk4yw5f- :

Hi thanks, ***** ***** to work for thorns electrics and i want to repair this myself. I dont think the motor is overheating. Is the control module part of the on off switch? and if i replace the complete on/off speed part will that include the control module?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes give me about 5 mins and I can get you the part number, just have to check ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

The part is available from a company called Connect Distribution in Birmingham on 0121(###) ###-####they may transfer you to the online sales team but the part number is ***** Control Module ~ if you feel that I have been of help here kindly rate my service, you can come back later with further questions once this is done. Have fun ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3zk4yw5f- :

Hi thanks Ian thanks. I bought the mixer from ebay knowing it had this fault, but it was only £30 and came with all its tools & the stainless steel bowl so i think it was a bargain( especially when my husband said he would pay!!). I have bought roberts radios from the company that handles returns to ***** ***** & fixed them, and then sold them at a profit on ebay. When our children were younger i used to fix motorbikes!! Looking forward to doing this as my own kenwood is 30 years old & looks & works fine but i wanted one with a 1000 watt motor. Thanks Again Bet

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian could you give me the phone number & company & part number again, as when i clicked excellent service, it took out the numbers & replaced them with stars

tel #01217666222 part number #5031689129640 Hope that helps Bet and enjoy ~ could you rate me also please. Take care ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian thanks again, I have rated you excellent. Thank you for takeing the time & trouble. Im no longer able to work, But i refuse to claim benifits. My husband should havr retired years ago , but still works and tottally understands why i will not claim. Any way thanks again, you were a real help.

Thanks Bet

No worries its been a pleasure chatting _ take care