Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

Hi i have just bought a new kenwood kff2dw14 american style

fridge freezer and when I... Show More
fridge freezer and when I lower the front feet to disengage the front casters I can get it level left to right but it leans back toward the wall the spacers at the bottom leave a 50mm gap but the freezer is touching the wall at the top
Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong
Thanks karl
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you tell me, with the castors down is the unit level?

Customer : Hi
Customer : the casters are fixed and the unit is fairly level but the unit then moves when the doors are opened so the instruction manual says wind the legs down to level and secure the unit
Customer : karl
Dales-Electronic :

OK can I assume that you are only winding down the legs so that they touch the floor not winding them down so they lift the front of the f/f?

Customer : Yes that's correct but to get it stable it has lifted the casters slightly
Dales-Electronic :

I have tried for the last couple of days to get information as to how you might solve this problem but the contact details for Kenwood large appliances are unobtainable, who did you purchase this appliance from ?

Customer : We bought it on line the supplier tells us this is normal for this model
Dales-Electronic :

Leave it with me, as a fridge engineer I find that somewhat unusual, I am working in Currys this afternoon so will pop around the front and have a look see if they have one on display and check this out for you ~ Ian