George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a De Dietrich Extractor Hood model No. DHD498X and

Customer Question

I have a De Dietrich Extractor Hood model No. DHD498X and the switch block containing the light switch and the 4 fan speed switches has failed for the second time. Is this part still available and at what price.
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Don, my name is***** shall just have a look for you.. wait one moment please

George-Allsorts :

Is this the one on your unit Don?

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-jcrcjn11- :

It looks like the correct unit although I have not as yet removed it from the hood.

George-Allsorts :

This is the one listed for your unit but there were two...

I can still get that part for you ... It is available at £71.13 but obviously there is now limited stock due to the demise of DeDietrich

George-Allsorts :

If you wish to try find it yourself .. the part number is *****

JACUSTOMER-jcrcjn11- :

You say that there were two what is the difference. The buttons are chrome finished in the switch fitted to the hood at present.

George-Allsorts :

This is the other one... Same number but looks slightly different.. So, since they both have the same part number It is most likely that both parts will fit

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-jcrcjn11- :

This second image is the sam e

George-Allsorts :

And here is a third image of the item but this company has no stock left

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

better vision of the item though

George-Allsorts :

The company with the second image also has not stock left

JACUSTOMER-jcrcjn11- :

The second image is the same as the one fitted at present. If you can get this one I shall have one

JACUSTOMER-jcrcjn11- :

So we are back to the first image- Is this one available??

George-Allsorts :

The second module is available from Siemens at a cost of £170.03

Here is a link to the item 00498314

George-Allsorts :

Here is a full size image of it

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to take a moment to rate my responses to you so far...
Using the smiley faces which you should now see, please rate how happy you are with my attempts to assist you..

George-Allsorts :

Yes Don.. the first type is available too

George-Allsorts :

What do you think Don? Would you like the first type or the second type?

JACUSTOMER-jcrcjn11- :

George, can you get the first unit at £71.13. Do you arrange for the unit to be posted to my home address?

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
I have sent you an Additional Service request.. Once you accept that the system will allow me to give you my telephone number/info so you can get the part via/from me