Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hello there I have a non pumped creed thermostatic digital

Hello there
I have a non pumped creed thermostatic digital mixer shower.
Recently it has started to run very hot and then stop, but then the next day is ok. In the last few days the flow has stopped mid shower briefly and then started again. Today when you turn it on the pump whirrs but not water comes out.
Looking in the manual it suggests it might be that the filters need cleaning. However when Ive undone the inlet pipe to access the filter I can get the filter out.
Is it likely to be the filter or some other issue that I need to get an engineer to look at?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . it sounds like the cold is stopping either due to an airlock or pump failure on the cold side. Your hot is continuing to come but is locking out on an overheat stat.

Customer:

Are your hot and colds from a tank?

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

Hi there. Hot water is from a Megaflop. Cold, Im assuming, is from the mains. We have not water tank in the flat

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

Megaflow I mean

Customer:

Sorry , just reread , yours is non pumped unit , but do you have a separate shower pump , pumping up to this unit?

Customer:

You say its non pumped , then you say the pump whirs. Can you please clarify , thanks

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

I don't believe so, no - when the bathroom was installed there was no conversation about buying a pump

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

Sorry, the shower unit whirrs

Customer:

Ok . is it running off a tank?

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

The hot is - from a megaflow.

Customer:

Ok , and the cold is from the mains?

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

I believe so, yes, as we have no cold water tank

Customer:

Ok . definitely a problem with the digital unit. I would be very surprised if both filters blocked up fully like that , normally it would be a gradual decrease in pressure. The control board sounds like it has developed a fault and is not allowing the solenoid water valve to open

Customer:

How old is thew shower?

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

4 years

Customer:

Its not too old , but it has definitely developed a fault . do you think you will repair it yourself?

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

No. My plumbing knowledge is zilch

Customer:

Ok , you might find it cheaper in thelong term to replace like for like. This would only take 40 mins as the pipework wouldnt need changing or the wiring

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

really? ok

Customer:

Well, its only two pipes going in, one out , on pushfit fitting and rewiring is pretty simple,

JACUSTOMER-g8loyl2u- :

Brilliant - many thanks for your help

Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Your welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there - thanks for your help. I keep getting a message saying that I haven't rated your response. I have. Please see attached. Then there was a follow up response from you to say "your welcome" and that one I haven't rated.

Hi . thanks for your rating. I don't know why you keep getting those messages. I'm sorry by the site is a bit glichy sometimes.