George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Beko WM71475S Washing Machine has stopped working and an

Customer Question

My Beko WM71475S Washing Machine has stopped working and an "e" has shown up on the display next to the timer,which now displayes 00:30e.Is this an error code? and if so what does it mean?
7Kg A+A Class
Thanks David
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello , my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

David, can you take off the cover at the bottom of the machine and check the filter for blockages

JACUSTOMER-vphvdb0i- :

First thing I did.

George-Allsorts :

OK

George-Allsorts :

Turn the dial to the 12 o'clock position and turn the washer off.
Press and hold the start button and turn the washer on.
Keep the start button held in for five seconds then let go.
An error code should now show on the screen 'Exx'.

What is the code that appears?

JACUSTOMER-vphvdb0i- :

Followed your instructions and 8109 came up.

George-Allsorts :

Hi .. Thanks for that.. I have not seen that one before.. I will have to ask you to hold until I am back at work on Monday to assist you with that code, or, I can invite someone else in to find the code for you... Which do you prefer?

George-Allsorts :

If you hold the start button in for 3 seconds to reset the machine, does the pump come on to drain?...

George-Allsorts :

I'm going to switch you to Q&A so that we can carry on conversing

JACUSTOMER-vphvdb0i- :

The machine is empty as tbe water drained when I checked the filter. I will try and see if holding the start button does anything.

JACUSTOMER-vphvdb0i- :

Monday is fine for me.

You are now in Question and Answer mode. This is to prevent the need to race against time..

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael,
Te error code you describe is likely the control panel.
Please let me know what the washer does, will any of the functions operate?
Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine does nothing except power up.The disply shows either 00:00e

or 00:30e I follwed the instructions of the other expert and got 8109 on its own.

It is my assumption that you are in need of motor brushes, a tacho, or the motor has become defective, however, since I am not there to test it, nor am I able to instruct you how to test it I can not give you a deserved answer, sorry
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi it may be just the brushes you need but this is something that really needs to be tested so you don't end up spending more on parts than you need;-)
Do you have a meter for some testing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can dismantle the motor to see if the bushes have worn out, think that is the easiest option first.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I agree, let me know what you find;-)
Tech Michael
How did you get on with the problem David?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Taken the motor off and the bushes do seem quite worn,one being more worn than the other, I'm going to get some new ones and then try it out again.

You will no doubt find that this is the answer to the problem David
How did it go David?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the slow reply,I've been to busy to look at the machine. Fitted new bushes,but unfortunatly it's still the same.Same error code too.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you let me know the Product Code for thois machine.. It should be on the label with the Model Number