Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Riccar sewing machine model 9900. The stitch selector -

Riccar sewing machine model 9900. The stitch selector - green light goes up to 10 and the red light goes down to 18. Therefore, I am unable to select any stitch between 11 and 17. Can you help please?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning I am sorry to hear that. How old is your sewing machine?
Also Does everything else seem to work correctly?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything is working fine but just can't turn knob at top to stitches 11 to 17.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, does the knob seem to be stuck, please explain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Knob just seems blocked and wont turn any further. Machine was bought in late 70s.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that info.
This is a failed switch is all. Its not very expensive but the task of replacing it would need to be done bu someone who can solder electronics. if you have electronics experience I can help you further, please let me know.
If not ant local sewing machine and vacuum repair shop can do this for you easily.
I can help you locate the part if you want to do this yourself but you will need a few basic good hand tools. I wish it were a simple fix I really do.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. Have a good weekend.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
d