George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Ga-ja My dishwasher wont start.

Customer Question

My dishwasher wont start.
It did start but I opened it to put something else in Closed it and now it wont start
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you supply the E Nr and FD from the metal part of the top of the door

Are there any lights on the dishwasher?
Is the door fully shut?

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

enr isfd8006 790025

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

sf24260gb/02

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

Lights on dishwasher aer working

George-Allsorts :

Can you check that you can hear the click of the door as it shuts please

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

Dooris fully shut

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

door is fully shut

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

yes can hear the click

George-Allsorts :

I am just going to have a look at the structure of you machine... I shall be back imminently

George-Allsorts :

are you capable of checking electrical parts on your dishwasher?

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

no

George-Allsorts :

Certain parts need testing on your dishwasher in order to find out what has gone wrong... In order to do this you need to dismantle certain parts and electrically test them... These include the door lock and its switch, the pcb, the heating element, etc etc.

I advise you to contact an appliance technician by using Find An Engineer

George-Allsorts :

The website can locate a local appliance technician to where you live and therefore save you costs and enable you to ascertain the level of repairs necessary to repair your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my help accordingly as you leave this page

JACUSTOMER-wrg3io58- :

there are nolocal appliance technitions in this area

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Can you le tme know your postcode please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughter came today and pressed the" time delay " button and it now works Surley you should have told me to try this

I would like a refund please but am having difficulty trying to proccess this

Please help

I am very glad that your dishwasher is working again Helen

I did ask you "Are there any lights on the dishwasher?" to which you purely answered "
Lights on dishwasher aer working"

In the instance of a Delay Timer, the lights on the dishwasher flash...

Never the less, since you are requesting a refund, I can try and arra
nge this for you...

Please confirm that this is what you want me to do by replying to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The lights on the dishwasher did not flash they stayed on , as I said.

I do want a refund for this, as I do not feel you gave me a proper service

advice

Ok, as you wish Helen, I will forward this to customer services for you.. However, if you look at your description of the fault, you said: "It did start but I opened it to put something else in Closed it and now it wont start" ... You did not state that you had pressed any buttons and therefore we would not assume this to be user error which is now what you are saying it was.
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/8rqpz-dishwasher-wont-start-it-start-opened.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my email address is

*****@******.***