George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The pump is cutting out each time it starts to drain. It will run for a second and then cu

Customer Question

The pump is cutting out each time it starts to drain. It will run for a second and then cut out, doing this three times before display shows E25 and stopping the programme. Any suggestions please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

This code is indicative of a blockage in the pump

The pump is supposed to try for three short bursts before completing a full pump

I would firstly suggest lowering the drain hose of the appliance to a bucket and try to drain it again to see if there is debris in the hose itself... If it completes the drain then we can look further

George-Allsorts :

Could you also supply the E Nr and FD of the product please... It can be forund on the metal uppper part of the door

JACUSTOMER-djnfkstp- :

Hell George,

JACUSTOMER-djnfkstp- :

The E no is S51M53X0GB/16

JACUSTOMER-djnfkstp- :

FD8909 00649

JACUSTOMER-djnfkstp- :

I have tried lowering the drain hose to a bucket but pump still doing the same thing

JACUSTOMER-djnfkstp- :

Sorry that was meant to say 'hello George'

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi may I have the model # ***** your dishwasher and approximate age?
It does sound like a pump issue either blocked or in need of replacement. I will help you in any case to get this fixed.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, The only number I can find that might be a model no is SM6P1F. It's about 4 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I will help you replace the pump, and you will also need to check the lines especially where it connects under the sink;-)
The best place to get that pump is Espares.
Please call them for this: 0844 9777 888.
I will still be here at no additional cost to you to help you fit it.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I'll contact you when I have it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** in touch soon.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome, I will here when you need me;-)
Enjoy your weekend!
Tech Michael
This is a 3-Phase pump and it is likely that this is where your fault lies

The part number is ***** and is £39.48 in total on Espares that has been suggested by someone else, however, if you go to the manufacturer NEFF it is only £31.16
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I already gave that advice to you so please don't worry about it. Just re contact me when you have the part for instructions on this repair;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I've ordered it and it should be here on Monday. I'm a bit confused by the number of people advising me, I thought I was being passed onto a different person but then the first one comes back. I'm not familiar with how this thing works, but one will do thanks.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, Im sure thats all you will need. A I will be here when you have the part;-)
No worries, enjoy your Sunday!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I now have the part so would be grateful for any advice on installation.

Many thanks,

Nigel

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nigel other Techs aren't supposed to interfere but sometimes they do lol;-)
Basically its easier to replace if you can pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its back, from there you can see that this will be pretty easy to do. I have done it with just the lower kick plate removed but that is more difficult.
I will be here if you need me further, just ask me;-)
Thank you for your patience Nigel.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

It will be difficult to get the unit right out as it is very tightly fitted: I'd prefer not to disturb anything if possible. What would I need to do to access it from the front and how difficult is it?

Nigel

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Awaiting your response Michael, I can't do anything until I hear from you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I have my dishwasher on its back and would appreciate some advice about how to get to the pump please. Have sent several messages but no response.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ I cant see anywhere in your chat where you have given a model number, can you advise if the dishwasher now you have it on its back has a removable base plate, ie can you take the bottom off?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** been waiting over four hours for advice now and can't use sink etc as dishwasher disconnected.

OK sorry for the delay, it has just this minute come up on my system, can you take the base off and see where the old pump is located?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please can you tell me how the cover removes as it isn't obvious at all.

OK this is why I asked for a model number earlier, some of these Neff dishwashers do not have a removable base hence the question, OK we will have to do it this way then, take off the top of the appliance together with the two side panels, this will allow you access into the base area where the pump is located, ping me when you have this done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't have a top as its a fitted unit. Not sure how to remove side panels. Any ideas?

OK you should have two or perhaps 3 screws at the front in the door area that you can undo, once these are undone the side can be flicked off the front and they then lift off and you have access
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I have located pump and disconnected the power supply to it. How does the unit remove?

If you look at the new pump you can see latches that fit onto the existing housing and a small peg that locks the assembly. Noting the position of the old pump, unlock the peg and twist the pump, it will only go one way until it comes free of the housing. Once you have done this smear either washing up liquid or Vaseline on the new pump o ring and with gentle force push and twist the new pump until the peg latches. Reconnect the electric connectors and the job is done. Sides on and back into the slot having reconnected the water, drain and electric up. Test and confirm correct operation. Once you are happy kindly rate my service so we can finally close down the job ~ Ian

Do you require further assistance with this call? If not would you kindly rate my service. Thank You ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian, I am happy to rate your advice as Excellent, but when I try to do that it says I will have to pay again as apparently I have already rated a previous expert. However that expert passed me straight on to someone else and then asked for a rating.

If you have rated George that is fine as he took the original question. If you need further advice give me a call, at the moment George cant answer you as his computer keyboard is broken so asked me to finish it off. Ian