Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

hi have a stoves elite g 500 cooker and the fan will not shut

Customer Question

hi have a stoves elite g 500 cooker and the fan will not shut off !! well it will but only when the power is turned off could it be the fan or some sort of switch ???
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Can you confirm that it does not go off in about 20 minutes after you have switched the oven off having finished a cook session ? Ian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it stays on until power is switched off then back on when power (fuse switch) is put back on again

OK usually with this, there is a small thermal switch that controls the cooking to the facia assembly to keep the switching and timer area cool. If this fails the cooling fan continues to run constantly, if you can give me the model number/product code I will find the part number and if required give you a supplier that can source and supply it for you ~ Ian

Sorry that should read cooling to the facia assembly area

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi its a stoves elite g 500 sl or si very hard to read last digit

thanks

OK I need the product code which will be on a label somewhere it starts with 05........... there are at least 8 versions listed of this model ~ if not in the door frame area it will be on the back of the cooker ~ Ian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
###-##-####/p>
OK you have a Elite G500 SI Green for future reference _ What you need is what is called a switch fan cooling. Now looking at this it seems that this appliance is quite old so when ordering it you will need to mention its serial number. The later models have and automatic cut off which has replaced this mechanical switch on Yours. They may have a modification kit that converts it to automatic but its not shown on my parts list. Hope that helps, if so kindly rate my service, Stoves have an online shop to allow you to purchase direct over the internet ~ Ian
Can I help you further, if so drop me a note on here ~ Ian