Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a fridge freezer, The alarm display is showing, but

Customer Question

We have a fridge freezer, The alarm display is showing, but both top and lower units seem to be working ok
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the manufacturer & model number so I can luck up the specs ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-hqo8iwbs- :

Neff upright fridge freezer FD8610 MODEL K9724X4GB/06

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you any means of testing the temperature in the two cavities?

Dales-Electronic :

Secondly, have you by accident left the door open or alternatively placed fresh food in the freezer, both can cause the temperature to go up beyond that normally expected by the f/f microprocessor causing the alarm to go off?

JACUSTOMER-hqo8iwbs- :

Freezer is freezing and fridge reads 2degrees

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below

I need you to tell me what the actual temperatures are not those that are being shown on the display, whilst 2C is spot on for the refrigerator the temperature in the freezer may be at -10C which is still freezing but nowhere near the -18C it should be and warm enough to have the alarm sound. Can you see any ice build up on the back panel (behind the draws) of the freezer ?? ~ Ian.