Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an HL2104-001 vacuum cleaner. The motor operates properly

I have an HL2104-001 vacuum cleaner. The motor operates properly and provides a strong suction to the cyclone unit. I then loose most of the suction somewhere between the head of the cyclone unit and the collection pipe. I have checked for blockages and can find none. The filter has been cleaned and the unit appears to be clear of all obstructions.
Any suggestions?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
Please check the seal around the container. Also look for any cracks . Please let me know what you find;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Tech Michael,

Seals at both ends appear to be sound and there are no cracks.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
thanks Christine, also make sure there is no debris in the grooves where it seats. I see a lot of that lol;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

There is no obvious build up of any debris. The suction is going into the Hepa filter but is not transferring to either floor or side hand pipe. Pipe is clear.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Christine, if everything is good up to the cyclone head there has to be a crack in the head or a hidden blockage.
How old is your vacuum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it is about 4 years old. There is a fair amount of air coming out of the grill on the front below the cyclone chamber. Is this normal?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

I am not sure what I did but a short time ago the cyclone effect started working but has now stopped again.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Christine I wish I knew too lol.
This sounds like a really simple issue but you are stumped. I would take it to a local vacuum shop or store even, they can show you whats wrong. It could be a very simple issue as I do suspect.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great Sunday Christine!
Tech Michael