Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I have a baumatic microwave model BTM17.3SS which is fairly

Customer Question

Hi I have a baumatic microwave model BTM17.3SS which is fairly new but won't heat anything at all. The power is fine and the turntable works okay, but there is an exclamation mark icon flashing which clearly must mean something is up, though I cant find any reference to this in my manual - any ideas before i go buy a new one??
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
How old exactly is your microwave?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a couple of years old Michael and not often used.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Richard.
Does it sound the same or a bit different when you try to heat something?
Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It all sounds fine Michael, it just doesn't heat anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Rich, This is likely a failed magnetron. It is the part that actually creates the heat but it could be the main transformer as well.
But, if it were transformer usually it would make a loud humming sound so the bet is the magnetron has gone bad.
Its pretty easy to replace on that model and I will help you with that as well.
The best place for you to get a new magnetron is Espares, I have listed all their contact info for you below. Its best to call them for this part. A word of caution is in order for this repair, even if you are handy there is a large metal capacitor inside you need to stay away from that as it can store a lethal charge even when the microwave is off and disconnected from its power supply!
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Richaed!
Tech Michael