Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

when we turn the power on and close the door, we hear water

Customer Question

when we turn the power on and close the door, we hear water running and the machine rinsing. we cannot get the dishwasher machine back to its normal functions
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

You indicate that you can hear water running and the machine rinsing, are you actually hearing the drain pump pumping or trying to pump water out?

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

the drain pump pumping. and water getting in the machine near the propeller

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you say the propeller do you mean the wash pump motor impeller or the spray bars?

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

the wash pump impeller at the very bottom of machine

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you give me the ENr of the appliance it is either on a label down the left or right side of the dishwasher or can be laser printed across the top of the stainless steel inner door

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

s54m45x5gb/01

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a mo and I'll find the service manual

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

are you still there?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes hold on a sec

Dales-Electronic :

OK will door open press program buttons A & C and keep them pressed for 5 seconds at this point you should have a 0 in the display. Now close the door and the appliance will go thro a reset procedure which takes about 1 minute ~ try and then try to run a program whilst I standby for your results

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

did that, but still have sAME PROBLEM, WATER COME FROM IMPELLER AREA ADN MACHINE PUMPS IT OUT. THIS HAPPENS AS SOON AS POWER BUTTON IS PUSHED, EVEN WITHOUT THE DOOR CLOSED.

Dales-Electronic :

OK ~ now we are cooking on gas you didn't mention that it did it with the door open. Look inside the hole where the door peg goes into the door switch area. Tell me what you see?

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

a plastic catch

Dales-Electronic :

OK do you see what looks like two fingers facing towards you or the back of same?

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

1 plastic finger in middle

Dales-Electronic :

Can you see the plastic or metal peg that is at the top of the cabinet frame that sticks out and goes into the hole in the door area?

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

yes

Dales-Electronic :

As you look in the hole in the door where this peg passes thro do you see the two fingers point towards you?

JACUSTOMER-tot6fec9- :

just 1

Dales-Electronic :

To explain the door peg passes through the hole and pushes two fingers on the switch assembly to the 12 o'clock position where it activates the door switch assy. If the door gets banged, instead of placing the switch at 12 o'clock it pushes it over to about 2am where it stays. This causes the appliance to think it is working and doesn't allow you to reset as this must be done with the door switch in the off position. You will have to take apart and flick the fingers back towards the peg. Power off, you may be able to take the top 6 screws off around the programmer area and gently fold it back far enough to flick the switch back to its normal position. If you cannot get it to fold back far enough you will need to take the lower door assy off to allow you access to the switch. Be careful you don't cut through the cable insulation as you fold it over.