Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a central heating system that is over 20 years old

We have a central heating system that is over 20 years old and we dont want to replace it until we extend the house. The trouble is there is a light on some kind of junction box represented by a piggy bank symbol. Everytime it comes on the heating goes off. It has got progressivley worse to the point it stays on now therefore the heating stays off.
Can you give me an insight into whats going on please?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hello are you there?

Michael :

hello

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good day to you Sir.

What's your suggestion?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Michael, I need a bit of information. Is your system gas or electric?
Also do you have the model # *****?
And where is the control located that is giving the error light?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The system is gas of which the boiler is down stairs with the control box(if thats what it is) upstairs.

Bare with me for the #.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok Michael I will be here;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well..........I've got alot of numbers of which I'm not to sure you need.

Can we start with these:

Boiler control type 407676

G.C.No. 41 601 67

I also have a boiler wiring diagram.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael, Also when was the last time the unit was professionally serviced?
Thank for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Approximately 2 years ago.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, this could be a sensor issue or the control that is giving you that fault.
It also can be and (likely) the unit just needs a good cleaning. That unit should be cleaned professionally once a yeas for many reasons the main one being dust around the air inlets.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Michael!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael!

Good service Sir.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome and if you have any further questions on this ask me;-)
Enjoy your Sunday!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.