Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Moved our Beko American style fridge freezer Saturday on its

Customer Question

Moved our Beko American style fridge freezer Saturday on its left side as in the instruction manual, left it standing for around 10 hours, then switched it on, fans run but does not cool or freeze after 24 hours. I then unplugged it for a few hours and then put it on again and High Temperature Error warning light comes on, and still does not seem to be getting cold, Any ideas, Thanks Gary
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hello I am Tech Michael

Michael :

did this fridge lay on its side all that time?

Michael :

if so please unplug it!

Michael :

Gary also how old is the fridge?

Michael :

are you there Gary?

Michael :

I guess this chat isn't working well today I will switch us to Q & A;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gary please let me know when you this message;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry first time I have used this service. I moved the fridge freezer from a house 1/2 mile away on its left side in a Transit van it was on its side for no longer than 20min. I then stood it up and got it into our kitchen. this was around 1pm I then did not switch it on till around 11pm, Left it on all night, I did not notice any error codes on it but did not get cold Sunday, so switched it off this morning about 6am still not cold. I then switched it on again around 11am and this error light came on but the motor and fan is running

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gary, you need to keep it unplugged for 24 hours now to allow the freon to redistribute, part of it is in gas form and part is liquid.
That should fix you right up;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Gary!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will try 24hours with it off and let you know

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gary you are very welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried leaving it off all week, then switched it on again, same problem. I then spoke to Beko and they told me to leave it on for 12hours and the fault would clear its self, done that and is fine now

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gary thats a good thing. The reason though that this happened is that you should never really lay the unit on its side or back as the gas gets unevenly distributes and can not clear itself until you leave it off for a day when uprighted. Then turned on and run as they mentioned for a period of time to clear the electronics as well;-)
In any case I'm glad we could help.
Please rate kindly before leaving and have a great day Gary!
Tech Michael