Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

TC 460 drier question When the drum rotates there is a rolling

Customer Question

TC 460 drier question
When the drum rotates there is a rolling noise that sounds like a bearing failure. If I disconnect the drum drive from the motor and rotate the drum by hand the noise is still there and seems to be in the area below the front (door end) of the drum Is there something that supports the drum in this area which could have failed. What else can I do to identify and rectify the problem please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have two things that wear out here, one is a number of plastic bearing strips that the drum runs upon that are mounted in the door frame itself the other is a felt strip that is stuck to the drum itself. The only way to find out which it is is to take the top off and have a luck inside, if you look at the drum itself you can see where the bearings and felt seal are located and replace as necessary. The job consists of removing the back panel, pulling it out and replacing items that are faulty. If you need further help come back to me. If however you are happy with my information, kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below ~ good luck - - Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Do you require further help with this repair? If so give me a ping and I will take you further. Would you now rate my service to allow me to shut down the job on the system, You will then be able to ask further questions if needed at no further cost. Thank You ~ Ian