Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Oven GN641FFXD. On moving into the property we took over the

Oven GN641FFXD. On moving into the property we took over the built -in oven. To date we are having problems obtaining an all round heat within the oven. We think the fan is not operating. Any advice will be welcome.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Good afternoon, I am at my desk just checking on the diagram be right back

Customer:

Will you reply by email - John

Dales-Electronic :

I will offer you an additional service ~ this will allow you to post your email address to me unfortunately the system does not allow disclosure of phone numbers or email addresses without this service. If however you want to continue on here I can give you most of the information you need at no extra cost ~ Ian

Customer:

OK lets carry on - John

Dales-Electronic :

Can you just check the model number on this please as that model is coming up as a four burner gas hob on the Samsung web portal??

Customer:

We were only left two booklets. How about this BF30N3T11. - John

Dales-Electronic :

OK lets have a look at that two secs

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have two fans fitted to this oven, one is a cooling fan that keeps all the switches, timers etc cool, the other is the circulating fan that circulates the air in the oven to give you uniform cooking. I would suggest that it is the latter that is your problem ~ if you look into the oven with it switched on you should see it spinning at the centre back. If this is working then likely one of the two oven elements has failed ~ if you need part numbers and suppliers I can give you their details ~ Ian

Customer:

The fan is not moving. I would appreciate a local supplier and part numbers.

Customer:

The

Dales-Electronic :

OK John, can you leave this with me for a couple of hours as I have to go out ~ could you just check that the full model number is ~ BF3ON3T11P/XEU as their are two versions listed. Call You back shortly ~ Ian

Customer:

The fan is not moving I would appreciate a local supplier and part number. My address is Chandlers Ford.

Dales-Electronic :

OK will come back to you shortly ~ Ian

Customer:

The full model number is ***** John

Customer:

Sorry Ian, mistake, model number should read: BF30N3T11G/XEU. John

Dales-Electronic :

OK John ~ do you require spare parts or are you also looking for a service company to fit them? I am going to move this conversation across to question and answer to allow us to continue to chat without further cost to you. You will note a change in the format however we can continue ~~

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Right, if I explain the earlier query, in this country there are generally only 3 or 4 large distributors of spare parts that supply to all local companies. The option you have is either to do it yourself or get the local company to carry out the job for You. Which would you like?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would prefer a expert to fit the part. - John

OK if you use this link it will allow you to select an engineer in Your area, the listed engineers are part of the Whitegoods Trade Association that are regulated by a code of practice. Just put in you request which will automatically send a service request to the local engineer. http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/find-an-appliance-engineer.html

If you give him the details of your oven and advise you need a fan oven motor he will locate and fit one for you. I cannot find the exact motor for your 'g' model as it is not listed on my suppliers. Hope that has been helpful, if so kindly rate my service to allow the job to be shut down. You can always come back to me if you have further queries. Have a good evening ~ Ian