Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

I have an AEG Santo fridge freezer. The fridge doesn't cool

but the freezer is fine... Show More
but the freezer is fine. Just before this the alarm signal kept going off even though the fridge door was closed. I have checked the seal and I don't think that is the problem. Your advice would be welome
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. How old is your fridge?
Also may I have the model # ***** is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Tech Mike
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Its 8 years old but has been working fine since we bought it - without fault, this is the first time. Details are:

NR. PRO

###-##-####/p>

Model

SANTO75348-KG

SERIAL NR.

54700449

There is no heavy frost anywhere in the freezer.

Michael, Customer Service replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the great thorough.
Do you have lights in the fridge working? also any response from the control settings?
Thank you so much for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Yes, lights are working fine and the buttons are all responsive. I've turned the dial to highest setting but not cooling still

Thank you for that. Does the fan run in the freezer? Its behind the rear wall please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I think it does - I'm not sure. There's certainly the sound of the fridge working (sound of the fan?) when I open and close the door and the freezer is working fine.

Thank you, ***** ***** need you to do is pull the fridge out. And open the lower access cover down there on the the back. In there you will see a black ball(the compressor) fee that and let me know if that is warm or cold?
Thanks so much.
Tech Mike
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

warm for certain

what you likely need is a compressor, but you can try a simple inexpensive solution. Its call ed a hard start. It will replace your start capacitor on the compressor and is super easy to install.
Its basically a big cap, it works about 90 % of the time for this.
The best place to get that is Espare.
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please dont forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I will try this and hopefully it will work. Thank you for your time

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

sorry, what is the name of the part I need?

Hi it called a hard start, they are pretty much generic so I'm sure they will have that for you.
It comes with a simple diagram but I will help you if you aren't sure what to do.
Have a great evening and please rate my service as ok or better as its the only way I get compensated for my time;-)
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Will do. Sorry, you did say that first but I thought it meant an action as opposed to a part. Silly me!