Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

can low water pressure stop my washing machine from going from

Customer Question

can low water pressure stop my washing machine from going from wash cycle to rinse
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-tb6hwoxa- :

Can you help guide me to the next step.

JACUSTOMER-tb6hwoxa- :

We have a problem just now with a lower then normal water pressure. Can this be a factor also.

Dales-Electronic :

Yes many washing machines have a system that gives them a period of time in which to fill. If for some reason the appliance does not fill the washing machine thinks there is a fault and shuts down. Usually however there is sufficient allowed time to even with very low pressure cause this not to happen. More common is for the fill valve to be defective or alternatively the water measurement system to fail ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-tb6hwoxa- :

Could this be the reason why the machine is contiously on wash cycle ?

Dales-Electronic :

No, this is usually because something has not happened that should have done such as, it has not heated the water, not pumped out after the spin cycle or there is a pcb fault ~ tell me what it is doing rather than what it isn't, ie it fills but this is very slow, it then goes into wash, followed by heating the water does it go this fa?

Dales-Electronic :

far?

Dales-Electronic :

I am going across to question an answer on this system, it will indicate that we have finished our chat but you can come back at any time and speak to me. In this mode you are not restricted to any time limit nor number of questions. Ping me when you need more help ~ Ian

OK you can continue to chat with me here it just has a changed format.