Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi. I cannot turn on my Bosch induction hob. Model **********

Customer Question

Hi. I cannot turn on my Bosch induction hob. Model ********** There is power going to it. Can you please help.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the ENr for it please ~ I need this to get the correct information ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-7hbe42l4- : What is that.
Dales-Electronic :

You may see it as the model number but it should be on the rating plate likely under the hob itself, it likely begins with T the model number you posted at the start has been blocked out by the system so if you sent it again please put a # ***** front of it.

Dales-Electronic :

With Bosch you often get the same model with a number of different versions during the models lifespan

JACUSTOMER-7hbe42l4- : E-nr. PIE611T1E4E/02
Dales-Electronic :

Great come back to you in a moment

JACUSTOMER-7hbe42l4- : Apologies, put an extra E in by mistake......
JACUSTOMER-7hbe42l4- : PIE611T14E/02
Dales-Electronic :

OK Im going to move this over to question and answer to allow us to chat about this without you having to pay extra, hold on you will see the format change but we will be able to chat freeflow ~~~

JACUSTOMER-7hbe42l4- : Are you there?
JACUSTOMER-7hbe42l4- : Hello what's happening? Have you any suggestions?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

We are now in freeflow mode so we can chat to solve your problem

I need you to confirm that you have actually checked underneath the hob and you are 100% sure that you have power going into the hob?

Are you there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Electrician confirmed definitely power there.
OK if I explain how it works then you can take a considered approach to how you want to take this forward, power comes into the hob and is routed to two power boards that control the operation of the four hotplates a left board and a right board each taking control of two of the four hotplates., These boards are further controlled by the keyboard/control board at the front. If you have no indication at all from the control board then the likelihood is that it is this that is faulty, if however you have some life then one of the two power boards is likely the problem. The issue that you have to decide is do I want to take a chance and order in the boards which you may find are none returnable should you get the wrong one or should I get Bosch to come out at a fixed repair price, not take the risk of getting it wrong and subsequently have a further 12 month of warranty on the repair. Your other option is to replace the induction hob with a new one. The cost of just one power board and the control board is in excess of £250 to give you an overview ~ for me its a no brainer but perhaps you have something up your sleeve that gives you an ace. I hope this information has been of use, if so kindly rate my service with the smiley faces below. Good luck with this, you can always come back for further information at any time ~ Ian