Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My brand new dishwasher does not work and gives a single beep

Customer Question

My brand new dishwasher does not work and gives a single beep at cycle
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you give me the make and model number and I'll see what I can do, could you also advise who you bought it from? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-7fvkw5hn- : Zanussi zdt12041fa purchased by landlord brand new from warminster installed by plumber yesterday did 2 cycles now it just beeps at me water draining and filling but according to manual that means dishwasher does not fill
Dales-Electronic :

OK initially I would check that you have no water in the base of the appliance ~ you can do this by switching the power off and gently tipping it back and see if any water comes out onto the floor. If you do that now I will look in the service manual and see if anything is listed, ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-7fvkw5hn- : No water comes out all is fine I have manual am also electronic tech but it is a mystery
Dales-Electronic :

To be honest, and perhaps not what you want to hear but I would just get Zanussi to come out and have a look at it. If you are happy that all the services are correctly connected and that there is no restriction in the drain outlet you would be risking negating your warranty if you start pulling it to bits. Just make sure you haven't got the obvious like a kinked hose be it inlet or outlet. Sadly these days there are always appliances that fail on installation ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-7fvkw5hn- : That was what I thought I know everything is fine as it has not changed or moved since yesterday ok thanks
Dales-Electronic :

Be grateful if you could explain why you have rated my service as bad ~ whilst perhaps not what you wanted to hear the advice is fair and reasonable certainly not bad and could save you negating the manufacturers warranty

JACUSTOMER-7fvkw5hn- : I rated the service as bad as I am not satisfied with the answer and I have found no satisfaction from the service. My question has not been answered to any level so I see no reason to rate the service any higher
Dales-Electronic :

OK in that case allow me to direct you through a process of repairing the appliance

JACUSTOMER-7fvkw5hn- : No you have said that I should contact the manufacturer therefore that it what I will do this service is not for me thank you for your time but I am not satisfied with the answer you stated that the solution is to use the warranty which I will do
JACUSTOMER-7fvkw5hn- : I have requested refund direct from PayPal this is first and last time I will use just answer no reflection on you but I have read the manual and can understand the steps needed I have gained no new knowledge from this service hence my rating of not satisfied. Thank you for your time goodnight.
Dales-Electronic :

Well you cant have it both ways either you want to use the repair service or you decide not to and then refuse to pay for my opinion.which you asked for and I gave in good faith and by your own admission was the correct way to go. I will ask that the moderators contact You tomorrow and discuss this with you ~ Ian