Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have a Zanussi ZDE47100W vented tumble dryer that is

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Zanussi ZDE47100W vented tumble dryer that is not fully drying. It does still produce heat, but the air coming out of the vent mid cycle is only warm, whereas it used to be much hotter. The clothes have been part dried, but not fully. I've replaced the heater element (with built-in thermostats), cleaned the filter, cleaned all accessible vent hoses and tried various different drying programs, all to no avail.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Best regards
Keith
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

good morning

Michael :

how old is your dryer?

Michael :

is your drier the electric model or gas?

JACUSTOMER-sqxhuzb3- :

JACUSTOMER-sqxhuzb3- :

Dryer is about 5 years old & the electric vented model ZDE47100W

Michael :

Thanks Keith

Michael :

I need you to check something. pull out the drier and disconnect the vent hose from the back and turn it on, let me know if the air comes out forcefully or just slightly, also is it hot or just warm there? Thanks Keith

Michael :

are you still here?

JACUSTOMER-sqxhuzb3- :

Ok will go & try now...

Michael :

thank you;-)

JACUSTOMER-sqxhuzb3- :

Hi Michael, the air is coming out forcefully. It is warm but not hot (like a hairdryer as it used to be). I have also noted that the last few times it has been used the filter light sometimes comes on mid-cycle even though the filter is reasonably clean when checked (we always clean it after every cycle anyway) - cheers...

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Keith what did you find?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Keith,
This sounds like a bad connection to the heater.
This can happen because those wires get hot and cold and they are subject metal fatigue etc.
Also the moisture in side can corrode the connections.
You need to check the power wires to the heater element and up to where they connect, that should solve the issue once you find a bad connection.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Keith !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks Michael - I'll take out the wiring back to the control panel & check the connectivity with a multimeter & feedback - might take a little while...Wink

Thanks for the help so far...

Cheers

Keith

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good please let me know what you find, you may need to replace wire altogether if it has bad continuity or burn marks;-)