Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi hob, about 2 years old. The electrically operated

I have a Zanussi hob, about 2 years old. The electrically operated igniter stays on all the time, so I have had to turn it off at the plug. Can you help please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is *****

Malcolm

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. Not sure if you have tryed this but if not remove the racks and take the burners off each hob and turn the power off to the hob.

Then get a hair dryer and heat all 4 of the spark leads up as if mositure gets on any of them this causes this kind of fault. So heat and dry all of them up and then refit the burners and turn the power on and see if it stops. If so great but if not then the spark genarator will be the fault.

To access this you need to again turn the power off and remove the racks and burners. Then pull the control knobs off.

Then around each burners are a few screws. Remove all this and then you can remove the hob top.

With this off you can then see the spark genarator. It will have the leads going to it. You need to replace this and that should cure the fault and stop the sparking on this.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel,

I have tried the hair dryer, but to no avail. I assume the spark generator is the small black box which the four leads connect into. Is this correct? If so, it look simple enough to remove and replace. Do you know where I could buy a new one?

Malcolm

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

For the part click the link below and you can get it direct from Zanussi

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help Daniel. I have now received a new spark generator and will be installing it later today.

Malcolm