Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hi i have a beko drvt71w and the programme won't Finnish we

hi i have a beko drvt71w and the programme won't Finnish we have to turn it off at the wall otherwise its on continually regardless of what programme we use its the same it won't turn off its also not doing the anti crease thing that it does after the programmes finnished the on off button works on the machine please can you tell me whats wrong with it and how i can fix it thank you xx *****@******.***
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is it actually drying the clothes?

Also does it do it on the timed setting as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its not drying the clothes completely there still damp and doesn't matter on the timer or cancel buttons the drum continues to spin as soon as you shut the door

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its not drying the clothes then the dryer wont stop as if you use the sensor dry cycles these are programmed to stop when they are dry. As its not stopping then its because its not dry hence the clothes comming out still damp.

As the drum is turning then it rules the belt out. As this is a vented dryer you need to check were it vents out. If it goes through a wall then set the dryer going and then go outside and see if theres a strong airflow from there. If not then you need to check the vent and clear out any fluff thats built up in there as they can block up.

But if the vent is fine and the airflow is good then you need to remvoe the buldge cover on the back to access the heater. There you will see the spring coils on the heater. Check all of them are fine as if any have broken or burnt out then the heater is faulty and will need to be replaced.

But if the heater is fine as is the airflow from the vent then im afraid you are looking at a faulty control board here. As thats the only thing that can cause this fault if the above are fine.

Check them out and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looks like its the control panel can i buy a replacement one anywhere and if so how much are they and where would you advise to buy one from. and is it worth me trying to fix it or should i buy a replacement dryer ???

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok click here for the board itself

Its about £50 for the board so its a gamble as you never know how long dryer last for. As to be honest these are quite cheap dryers and they dont tend to last long so its up to yourself if you want to take the gamble.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it does still dry the clothes would it be safe to use if i timed it myself as opposed to the dryer switching itself off

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Yes it will be fine to run like that as long as you are around to be able to turn it off yourself. So just keep and eye on it and see how it goes.