Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How do I reverse the door opening on a Grundig Tall larder

Customer Question

How do I reverse the door opening on a Grundig Tall larder Fridge and ensure that the control panel will still function. The fridge no. GSN 10720X. I have got the door reversal bag of parts. Currys and their Knowhow team who delivered it 17/11/2014 refuse to come back and do it.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-8w2rh134- :

Can I do the reversal myself?

Dales-Electronic :

yes just checking two secs

JACUSTOMER-8w2rh134- :

Are there any hidden electrical connections to the control panel or is it all done wirelessly or via the hinges?

Dales-Electronic :

OK, I am getting the full changeover instructions for you which should take about an hour, the issue is that as you have a digital display in this model I need to be sure how the cables are routed from one side to the other. Its not just a case of swopping the hindges over. Give me an hour or so and I will come back to you with all the information. Welcome to the wonderful world of Currys !!

JACUSTOMER-8w2rh134- :

Cheers

JACUSTOMER-8w2rh134- :

I'm still here. How are you doing getting the instructions?

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am going to offer you an additional service which will allow you to send me your email address and I will forward you the complete handbook.

Customer :

Sorry been out shopping and walking the dog. I would like to see the complete handbook if it will help me reverse the door without compromising the digital display. So I accept your additional service. Do I enter my email address here or do I give you a call? To give you a call I will need your telephone number. Thanks

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
If you text me your email address I will forward you the document ~ #07748 928831#
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian. I have forwarded my email address by 'Private contact info' late last evening. Will you please advise when the complete handbook will be sent. The door looks heavy and it looks like a two man job. Cheers

Sorry I have not received you email address, just rechecked, could you resent it and I will fire the instructions across straight away ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent my email address again via the 'Private contact info' box with this text. If you still do not receive it please advise and I will place it in this text box

OK got it this time David, you should have the information in your inbox shortly ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cheers ***** ***** have got the info. Well worth it and well satisfied.

OK David glad I could help ~ have a good day and if you need more advice feel free to come back on here ~ there is no extra charge ~ Take care ~ Ian
David ~ could you rate my service so that I can close this job down. Thanks _ Ian