Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

LEC Fridge L5010W and Freezer U5010. Need to know what current

LEC Fridge L5010W and Freezer U5010.
Need to know what current each draws. Have been told by Cust Service that both draw 0.45 amps but need 13amp connector.
Can youkindly advise actual current each draws.
L
Mike Collier
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
What customer service told you is almost correct.
They each draw a maximum or .48 amps when the compressor is running.
But when the compressor is off, the draw much less.
You do however meed at least a 13 amp connector to handle the max load, that will ensure good safe operation;-)
If you need more information please let me know and have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be a pain, if the current required is 0.48 ams why do I need more than a 5 amp fuse??

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, its pretty standard, but the reason is that if the compressor on either one, was to overload as they will,even during normal operation if the power was off for a second or two, the compressors will try to draw that extra current for a bit until the system stabilizes.
So if you use a smaller fuse(breaker) it would pop and you could lose your food if your weren't there;-)
Hope that helps.