Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just fitted a new Siemens Raa21, and I'm not sure what

Customer Question

I have just fitted a new Siemens Raa21, and I'm not sure what the little setpoint limiters are for? I can see that there are some slots around the edge of the dial, but I'm not sure where to put them and what they will do? Do they affect the temperature at which the on/off range of the thermostat?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

No they just mechanically allow you to control the range of operation, ie if you want them to run between two points you can set them so no one can change your settings ~ I attach the full spec sheet for your perusal ~~ http://www.buildingtechnologies.siemens.com/bt/global/en/products/HVAC-Products/Thermostats/Autonomous-room-thermostats/Pages/RAA21.aspx?vpl=Downloads hope that is informative ~ now kindly rate my service, you can come back to me at any time at no extra charge ~ have a great day ~ Ian

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I understand, they just physically prevent anyone setting too high or low a temperature. Am I right in thinking that these thermostats have a built in range between the demand switching on and off of about one degree C or so?
Yes there is a set temperature band that the thermostat works within all you are doing is restricting the band between two points, and yes once set they will run between a switch on and switch off either side of your set point
Can you rate the information that I gave you to allow me to close the job on the system. Many thanks ~ Ian