Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello. I have a zanussi zkg7165 washing machine which won't

Customer Question

Hello. I have a zanussi zkg7165 washing machine which won't start. The display has no digits lighting up but I can see there is a backlight on.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi how old is your washer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's about 2-3 years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Julian,
Please unplug the washer as a test for me for 10 full minutes, then plug it back in. Please let me know if there is any change?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

I've already tried this - I should have mentioned it. The second time that I got the machine to work, I left it disconnected overnight. That trick is not working this time though.

Julian

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Julian, unfortunately this is failed main console board.
Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools, don't worry I will assist you with this.
The best place to get that part is Espares, Its best to call for this main console. All you will need is the make and model # ***** them.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Julian!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julian oops, forgot to send you Espares phone #:0844 9777 888
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael,

I ordered the part and I expect it to arrive on Saturday.

Will I be able to contact you then?

Julian

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I should be here most of the day but if you message me and Im not, I will see that and reply ASAP;-)
Thank you for the rating and have a great day Julian.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I replaced the main console board and the machine is almost exactly as it was before.

From switching on at the wall, you have to rotate the knob about one full turn and you can then see the backlight is on (as before) but nothing else. If the dial is left on a setting, e.g. 40 degrees, for a variable amount of time the display/lights power up and the start button flashes, i.e. working normally. As soon as power is removed or even the dial is returned to off, the problem starts again.

Unfortunately the board cost £200 which is comparable with a cheap machine, I just thought it would be better to replace the board rather than have to get a new machine in. Now I really don't know what to do.

Julian

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julian, this sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere to the board or from the board to anther component.
Unless you got in a bad board. Its also possible they sent you the same one back, I have been a tech for over 30 years and have seen this more times that I care to know lol;-)
I would send it back and request a new board as I believe for sure the board is the issue still.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael. I'm not sure what you meant by "Its also possible they sent you the same one back". I didn't send them my old board.

Regarding a bad connection, I have fiddled with as many wires as I can possibly see to try and see a response, but nothing.

Do you think eSpares will take the board back even though I have used it? I'm not sure about this....

Julian

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julian, yes they should, explain to them what the unit is doing.
I have been through this before even here on this site with customers, I know its frustrating for me too, as I want to get you going;-)
Keep me informed.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael.

I will try this.

All the best,

Julian

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Best of luck with that, I am still looking for a source for the chip.