Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hi ive got zanussi aquacycle 1200 washing machine no fle1216w

hi ive got zanussi aquacycle 1200 washing machine no fle1216w it lights up but wont start when I press start button any ideas
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When you start it will the door lock so you cannot open it?

Are you getting any beeping from it or flashing lights?
Or is the door lock clicking?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the iights flash but door wont open it was clicking but I hve to wait for door to open

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok lets see what the error code is.

Turn the washer off
press and hold the start button and the reset button.
Keep them both held in and turn the washer on.
Keep the botton held in for several seconds till the leds flash then let go.
Now press the fabrics button till the 40 deg led is lit.
Now look at the row of leds on the far right going down. Number then from top to bottom with 1 at the time and let me know which lights are lit up.

Then turn the washer off then on then back off again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi no 2 3 5 are lit and start button is flashing

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. Them lights mean error code E38 which means pressure chamber blocked.

Now the pressure chamber is the filter unit. So remove the filter and give this a good clean out and try and clear any muck inside the chamber were the filter goes.

Then remove the top and on the right hand side you will see the pressure switch. It will be round and have a few wires on there and a thin hose. Pull this hose off and blow hard down it to try and clear the pressure chamber.

Then retry it and see what happens. If still the same then it may be either the pressure switch itself or the filter chamber were the filter goes and the pump. As they can block up in side were you cannot get at and cause this fault so in the past ive had to replace this to cure which can be a very tricky job.

But try the above first and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi I have noticed the filter chamber is full of water is this right

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Yes thats normal as once its finshed it will leave water in there so thats normal. As long as the drum isnt full of water then the water in the filter area is normal.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi many thanks ive tried that but still not workin,I think its time to replace

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If that didnt cure it then its probberly best to replace as its an older model so not really worth fixing to be honest.