Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My machine is stuck on spin but is full of water and not spinning.

Customer Question

My machine is stuck on spin but is full of water and not spinning. Displaying an Error 12 message
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly give me the manufacturer and model number of the appliance please? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3v216b1b- :

It's a Zanussi 6HG 1400RPM

JACUSTOMER-3v216b1b- :

?Model 1 800 818 530

Dales-Electronic :

If you look on the facia panel you will see it or it is also in the door frame space and should start with Z......... not wishing to be rude but are you capable of moving the appliance forward out of its slot?

JACUSTOMER-3v216b1b- :

can't open the machine because it's full of water and - no would not be able to move it on my own

JACUSTOMER-3v216b1b- :

ZWG 1140M -Would that be the right number?

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry I forgot that bit, OK from what you are telling me you have likely got either a blocked pump or the pump is defective. What is happening is that since the drum is still full of water the appliance sensing this fault shuts it down and stops it spinning. You will need to get someone to help you pull it out tip it back to 45 degrees and with towels down and a washing up bowl across the front remove the drain pump filter. Once this is out let the water drain into the washing up bowl emptying it as you go and clean out the filter. Once completed put it all back together and you should be back in business. ~ I will just check where the filter is located in a sec now I have got the model no and come back to you shortly ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK access to the filter is via a flap on the right hand side lower kick plate, once you have opened the flap and bearing in mind the towels/washing up bowl mentioned earlier , unscrew the filter housing remove, clean and replace. 90% of the time it will be a blocked filter causing the problem ~ if you need a replacement pump give me a shout and I will source one for you. In the meantime kindly rate my service to you ~ once done you can continue to ask questions at no extra cost. Thanks you ~ Ian

Thanks for the rating, you can come back at anytime now and ask me further questions or ask for advice. Good luck with the repair and thank you for contacting Just Answers