Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my glow worm boiler is not heating the water

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi may I have the model # ***** the age of your boiler?

Customer:

30c it is three years old

Michael :

thank you

Michael :

does the unit seem to run or is it dead?

Customer:

the heating is working but the hot water does not fire up when you turn on the tap.

Michael :

thank you for that information, these are typiacally very good units but sometimes a sensor for that fails or simply becomes dirty

Michael :

how long has it been since the unit was professionally cleaned?

Customer:

2 years ago is this something i can do i have a reasonable knowledge

Michael :

thanks, ***** ***** that the unit will need a cleaning, it should be done once yearly, but the issue you face has to do with the internal controls on the boiler, this would be best checked by an experienced tech because there is a lot to check electronically and that would take you a long time to sort out when the tech could find the error in a few minutes. It is likely a failed relay or related circuit that controls that hot water

Michael :

I have many years of experience with these so Im confident on this;-)

Michael :

I wish it were a do it yourself project I really do, but the tech will have specialized equipment that will actually save you money and time.

Customer:

Thank you fro the advice can you give me an approximate cost so i don't get ripped off.

Michael :

yes, depending on your location this cleaning should be less that $65.00 plus parts maybe an additional $40.00 max;-)

Michael :

if have an honest tech it may be even less