Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I wonder if you can help me . I have a indesit fridge model

Customer Question

Hi I wonder if you can help me . I have a indesit fridge model TLA 1 S (UK) and although it looks like brand new it is about 4 or 5 years old, i use it at work just for milk for my tea. the trouble is i just cant aford even a second hand one. the light is still working but it dose not get cold and there is no noise at all.is there anything you could suggest i try.
thank you and have a lovely day
Wendy
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hello I am tech Mike

Michael :

Wendy, is there any frost toward the rear or in the freezer compartment?

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

no none at all

Michael :

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

no none at all

Michael :

these types of fridges us a cheapo thermostat

Michael :

the problem is they often fail after a few years

Michael :

its not an expensive part and fairly easy to replace;-)

Michael :

are you in the UK?

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

yes i am Michael

Michael :

are you willing to replace that part with my help? If so you will need just few basic hand tools to do this

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

yes i am

Michael :

one second Wendy while I find the best place for you to get that part;-)

Michael :

thank you for your patience

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

no probs thank you

Michael :

Thank you, ***** ***** place to get that thermostat is Espares, I use them a lot but I needed to be sure they had your part. Please call them for this at : 0844 9777 888

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

what would i ask for?

Michael :

I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.

Thank you and have a great day Wendy !

Tech Michael

Michael :

You ask them for the thermostat control, and you will need the main model # ***** your fridge when you call

Michael :

It super easy to change out;-)

Michael :

and a lot cheaper than a new fridge!

Michael :

LOL

Michael :

when you have that part, you can cotact me again by simply replying to this message and I will help at no additional cost Wendy;-)

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

Michael what do i need to ask for?

Michael :

Hi I am sorry this system may be screwy this morning, ask them for the thermostat control with the probe.

Michael :

did you get that?

Michael :

are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

Hi Michael they have the part for £26 but what if it still dose not work ?

Michael :

Hi Wendy, that should do it because most of the units I service that use this same part is the failure

Michael :

really that is the only part except for the compressor

Michael :

which almost never fails in these;-)

Michael :

but, once you rate my service, you will get a message from me so you can contact me anytime for help

Michael :

no additional cost as well

Michael :

I have been a refrigeration tech for over 30 years LOL!

Michael :

so Im am sure of this

Michael :

Hi Wendy it shows you as typing to me but I dont see a response yet?

JACUSTOMER-6u6i1y6b- :

ok i will buy one. it will be here next week, how will i contact you back?

Michael :

if you rate this chat as acceptable or better you will get a message from me that you can always contact me on free of charge;-)

Michael :

Please rate so I can set that up for you and have a great day Wendy!

Michael :

Michael :

Wendy are you there?

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Michael where are you? i have been looking for you my email is *****@******.***

Wendy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wendy when you have the part simply reply to this message and I will help you with this part replacement;-)
Have a great day Wendy.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
r
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Michael i now have my part for my fridge and will be available to try to fix it tomorrow at 12.30pm. can you send me details of how i go about this.

Thank You

Wendy x

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wendy I am not in at the present time, I will however be here for you on Wednesday.
You will need a flat head screw driver and a Philips Screwdriver.
You may also need a small nut driver depending on whether they used the as fasteners..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi michael i have the part and the tools are you about

wendy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im ready with tools and parts