Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hotpoint BWD129 made in 2006,not spinning out,quick wash and

Customer Question

Hotpoint BWD129 made in 2006,not spinning out,quick wash and 1200 spin lights flashing,will not turn off.New pump and module fitted recently.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you confirm that the door lock led is also flashing rapidly and the quick wash & 1200 spin are flashing together/

JACUSTOMER-a4pwnugn- :

Yes

Dales-Electronic :

OK this indicates that there is a fault with the ntc sensor that measures the temperature of the water, however these Indesit built appliances have poor quality electronic boards and wiring so it is always a good idea to locate the sensor and ensure that you have cable feed back from the sensor to the main pcb, these are quite often damaged when changing the module. Ian

JACUSTOMER-a4pwnugn- :

Thanks Ian I,is that the thermister located alongside the heater element at rear of drum?

Dales-Electronic :

Hang on I'll send you a photo

TEMPERATURE SENSOR (CONTROL) - WHITE * A white disc with two connectors on the back near the heater assembly. Would you now kindly rate my service to allow me to close down this job, you can come back to me at anytime for further information at no extra cost to you ~ Ian

Thank you for the positive rating, if you have further questions at any time we are here to help. Have a good evening ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good on you Ian.

Take care and have a good weekend ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have ordered new part,so until fitted and tested,I cannot assess your information but that was my original diagnosis.

Well make sure you check out that the reading that you have across the thermistor is the same as that at the module end, the electronics on these appliances are of very poor quality whilst the reliability of thermistors is usually good, I refer you to my original post here, check, check and check again ~ also check that you have continuity through the heater which also gives a multitude of faults with this range of appliances.